“TMR Travel Buzz” shares great travel tips, stories, inspiration, etc. so you can check out the best of what we’re reading.
- HuffPo Travel has tips for getting a cheap hotel room. We especially like the third one. National Geographic shares a few thoughts on this topic as well.
- The popular travel story making the rounds right now comes from Australia, where the National Gallery is offering a naked art tour (as in you take the tour while naked).
- Lifehacker shares tips from Beyond Salmon on cooking great food on vacation without lots of tools and even includes a few examples. Ideas like this work well for driving trips where you will be cooking when you arrive, whether a winter ski trip or a summer road trip. Be sure to carefully choose, pack, and transport potentially dangerous cooking items.
- Lifehacker also discusses how to be a perfect guest when you’re visiting someone else. Remember to bring supplies like bedding with you if it will make things easier on you or your host. They also have an older post on how to be the perfect host, including preparing supplies for your guests like this and viewing your own city from a visitor’s perspective.
- Nomadic Matt shares “everything you need to know about using smartphones when you travel.” You can also visit our international calling/data page to get information from your specific carrier about international travel, available plans, money-saving tips, contact info, and more.